06 August 2026

At 93°F, permafrost is no longer permanent


5 comments:

  1. Evolution is not extinction free... or is it the other way around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could have led the world in stopping climate change but ... capitalism. Now it is up to China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earth’s Coldest Temperature in 14 Years Recorded at Antarctica’s Concordia Station (so you don't have to read it = -119.4 F / -84.1 C)

    https://www.discovermagazine.com/earth-s-coldest-temperature-in-14-years-recorded-at-antarctica-s-concordia-station-49494

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melt one pole and freeze solid the other. Wobbles the pole migration.

      Delete
  4. And now I'm off learning more about the Polygon Tundra in the Lena Delta! I will note that it has looked like this in the summer for some time, as far as I can tell. Found some Flickr photos from 2012 that are almost identical; but the images don't reflect what is happening in terms of the gasses being release, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...