11 February 2020

Humor scrapbook, part I

Before there were blogs, there were scrapbooks.  Like many people in the pre-internet era, I saved clippings of interesting or humorous items in envelopes and folders and desk drawers, and eventually transferred them into "magnetic" photo albums.  Now I've reached the "downsizing" phase of my life, and have to decide what to do with the material.  I don't want to drag the albums around with me forever, but some of the material is too good to just throw in the dumpster.

So, I'm scanning the pages into TYWKIWDBI.  This is the first of what will eventually be ten weekly posts with material from my old "humor" scrapbook.  The content varies from priceless to junky (especially in the case of humor, which often doesn't age well), but there's no time to sort things out or curate the content (and in any case, old "magnetic" photo albums don't lend themselves to the rearranging of paper content, which starts to shred when you try to remove or rearrange it.)

The text on all the types of "scrapbook" pages can be very difficult to read. One possible workaround is to right-click on a page to open it in a new tab, then zoom the image on that tab.

8 comments:

  1. TYWKIWDBI's mentioned on No Such Thing As A Fish, Feb 7th edition--cool! https://audioboom.com/posts/7498779-episode-307-no-such-thing-as-eastenders-the-opera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the heads-up, Marlys. I'm behind in my listening (currently on episode 299).

      Delete
    2. I just listened to episode 307 again and it made me smile. Thank you for introducing to me to the podcast years ago!

      Delete
  2. I miss those Far Side cartoons! ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I miss the National Lampoon, especially the True Facts section. Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to kind of cringe at the "too bad you're a wimp" one -- that kind of "comic" was popular in the 70s, when men were insisting that women actually were lying when they said they wanted thoughtful, respectful, caring men -- what they really wanted was a tough cave man type who "took charge."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trigger warning: You're going to encounter a lot of cringeworthy "humor" in these 40/50-year old clippings during the next ten sessions. I just don't have time to curate them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...