03 September 2026

Dolly Parton defends herself in a hostile interview


Readers here will know that I deeply admire Dolly Parton's life and accomplishments.  I've seen countless article, interviews and video clips, but this past week for the first time I saw this interchange between Dolly and Joy Behar, one of the co-hosts on The View.  Joy makes note of Dolly's appearance, suggests she is being performative rather than sincere, and accuses her of being anti-feminist rather than being empowered.  Dolly's replies are studied, sincere, and devastating.

One note on the format.  The video is 25 minutes, but it is not a live recording of the interview, which I presume is under copyright restrictions.  So the video is a commentary on the step-by-step interactions that occurred between Dolly and this aggressive television program host.

p.s.: I don't the words "You F*cking Liar" were spoken during the interview.  That looks to me to be an embed on the teaser image for the video as a type of clickbait.  But the analysis of the interview is IMHO worth a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment