Most of the conventional media I monitor echo Trump's declarations. The updates I respect the most come from Al Jazeera. Here is this morning's detailed analysis. I won't excerpt here, because those interested can go to the link, which is nicely segmented into these sections:
When will the agreement be announced?Will the Strait of Hormuz reopen immediately once an agreement is announced?Will an agreement on the Strait of Hormuz mean peace between the US and Iran?What do we know about each side’s positions?What Iran wantsWhat the US wantsWhat Oman wantsHave Iran and the US made concessions?What might each side get out of the deal?
Al Jazeera doesn't "know" what's going to happen any more than you or I do, because the outcome is in part dependent on the whims of unreliable people. But this article is better than anything else I have found.

@Stan
ReplyDeleteImagine the following scifi disaster movie
Let climate change happen. Create middle east instability. Drive up Fossil fuel costs. Wait for arctic to melt for much shorter shipping routes. More profits.
Unrealistically nefarious?
Not unrealistic, but might require a third term of office.
Delete