30 March 2018

"Winner, winner...


... ramen dinner."

Update January 2019:


I'm cashing out.  After ten months of frequent participation and about 6 or 7 victories, I'm going to use up my remaining 6 extra lives and cash out.  It was fun at first, but I can no longer tolerate the mindless banter and endless promotions.  It is an interesting concept that will likely continue to draw a large audience, but I won't be there.

Final update April 2019:
I did cash out my $10.43 winnings and deleted the app.  Then today I noticed this on Gizmodo:
If you’re one of the folks who for some reason still plays HQ Trivia, you may have been wondering where “quiz daddy” Scott Rogowsky’s been these past few weeks. Well, the short answer is simply this: He’s been replaced...

... it’s unclear what effect, if any, Rogowsky’s departure will have on HQ Trivia’s declining popularity. While HQ was looking at a $100 million valuation last February, that basically peaked by March. Where its viral popularity once grabbed headlines, it’s growth has since tapered off into steady decline.

8 comments:

  1. Still, congrats! You've got bragging rights, at least. Especially if you did it on your own, and didn't need any teens to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By myself, and as you suggest I totally have to guess on pop culture items newer than Pink Floyd. I've come close several times but never had one of those "extra lives" players receive when they get someone else to sign up.

      Delete
  2. Nice! We haven't made it past question 10 yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... chicken-flavored ramen dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made it to round 11 on my first try, and bungled it. But, I would have also bungled the final question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, nssharp for the extra life. If I win big, I will share with you

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, had never heard of this before, neat concept and makes you feel like you're on a TV game show!

      Delete
    2. Hi Nate. I did use the extra life earlier this week - fruitlessly, because I then missed a later question. Tonight I got the first 11, but guessed wrong on a Beatles song (missing out on an $0.86 prize that would have more than doubled my current winnings).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...