18 January 2018

Vikings defeat Saints on final play of game


Brief backstory:  In a playoff game to determine which team will continue on to the conference championship game, Minnesota led New Orleans 17-0 at halftime, then fell behind 21-20.  The lead changed hands twice more.  With only 10 seconds left in the game Minnesota trailed 24-23 and were on their own 39-yard-line.

Then this happened...

(o.k. to click on the "Watch on YouTube" link that appears in order to view)

I actually didn't see this live.  I have not watched any sports live since acquiring a DVR (time is too precious to waste on commercial breaks).  Also I share the attitude of Etta in the Butch Cassidy movie ("I love you, but I won't watch you die"). 

For this game I left my desk after halftime to speed-watch the first half, then was back at my desk getting stuff done and occasionally changing tabs to peek at the ESPN summary, when this unexpectedly appeared:


Finally, after half a lifetime, something to replace the memory of the 1975 Roger Staubach-to-Drew Pearson "Hail Mary" pass and the four Super Bowl defeats.

5 comments:

  1. The gestapo squad of the NFL already blocked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know that. You have to click on their "watch on YouTube" link. I could have embedded another one but it would have disappeared soon, so this was the only way I knew how to save it for future watching.

      Delete
  2. I thought of you right after the game ~ knew you'd be happy!
    That was AWESOME!!!
    I'll be rooting for them ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed when one of the videos had (at the time) about 100,000 views, and someone commented "why does it show only my views and not everyones?"

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...