"Things You Wouldn't Know If We Didn't Blog Intermittently."
That would deter me from biting my nail, but unfortunately instead of biting my nails I pick at them and tear them off. A nervous habit. Not a good idea with a live wood tick, as it would likely be freed in the house. Now I am wondering if a live wood tick that was ingested by an undeterred or absent-minded nail biter would survive the acidity of the stomach and either embed there or further down, in the small intestine? An ectoparasite living as an endoparasite, at least for a while? Hmmm.