22 December 2022

Santa vs. the Yeti


A little-known and underappreciated Christmas story.

And speaking of the holidays, I'm a little late in setting up a collective greeting card for readers of TYWKIWDBI.   Here are the updated instructions from last year:
I first tried this in December of 2009 as a Christmas card, then revived the concept in 2017 and again in 2018 as a New Year's endeavor.  This was the season's greeting card in December of last year.

Here are the instructions on how to participate:

1) In the comment section of THIS post, give me a LINK to a photo (or a bit of artwork or other image) that you have in your blog, or in your Flickr photostream or in some other online storage site that I can access. I'd prefer that you not email me the photo - just give the link and I'll go there and copy/paste it.* (but see addendum)

The picture can be of you, or your family, or your computer, or your cat, or whatever - it doesn't matter.  It should belong to you (not a commercial image with copyright issues).  See the previous years' greetings cards re the style and content of the photos.

2) With the photo link send a brief (~25 words) greeting, directed to the other readers and visitors.  This is to be a greeting to other readers, not a comment to me or about TYWKIWDBI.

3) Sign with the avatar name you use in commenting here, or in your blog, or your real name if you wish. This is not a venue to be used to say "Hi from anon."  I recognize that a number of readers here prefer to leave comments anonymously - which is fine - but this greeting card is for identifiable people.  If you are a regular Anon or Unknown and wish to participate, you can still send a greeting and image, but you will need to sign your name (or make one up for the occasion).

Note - as various trolls have realized, for TYWKIWDBI I am the "autocrat at the breakfast table" and reserve absolute right to control the content.  For this venture I may edit comments for length and trim pictures if they are too big.  I may limit the number of entries if there are too many, and I will absolutely vaporize anything that hints of spam or might be offensive to other readers.  However I will include a link to your blog if that's where the image is stored.

And it doesn't need to be "Christmas-y" - this will be posted after Christmas as a New Year's greeting, so it can celebrate the end of the past year or express hope about the one to come.  But mostly it's just to say "hi" to other readers whose names you have seen in the comments.

*Addendum: I realize that not everyone has online places to store photos, so once again I will let you email me a photo/text/name if you have no other option.  You can send it to the blog's address: retag4726(at)mypacks.net.  But please send smallish pix of a couple MB (compress them with JPEG if needed).  I don't want to have ten people send 5 MB photos and thus have my emailbox overfull so that I can't conduct my regular life.  Thanks.  
I'm looking forward to seeing what arrives.

18 comments:

  1. Happy days to everyone and everywhere!!!

    https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiBuD7F2dcwpeKTdmRs9CrjS7g2VT_g-589C3ubzcSahFG4JpFzLkc6sdMhVRJYO1ao8D8Lpz8igTg1gRsEHcSJWdcpjlq5T7S73X3Zq-D6M1uJWBBko87saonzKEmcEiWqjN5crMUe2WcIfJ6LbcOnIRet9Bvoft5a1S94TEfClbTbl-samHlsPtF0/s1580/IMG_0948d.jpg as found here https://skeetmotis.blogspot.com/2022/06/willys-coupe-1941.html Willys coupe 1941

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've taken the liberty of cropping a bit from the edges in order to emphasize the car in the limited width of this blog's column.

      Delete
  2. Happy Hannukah from me and my cat! http://delagar.blogspot.com/2022/12/menorah-with-cat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder Yeti is so dangerous, it has no genitals.
    Happy Christmas, Merry New Year.
    xoxoxoBruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...has no VISIBLE genitals. It's cold weather, and you need to know where to look.

      Delete
  4. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgGy3JDAil6p8dHi5gYV0F0pCpqQlXtaREt1-pUc7QsOWfFwOZmGHdZd1iDi5TjpXseOtPbyu9rY1AgmGutqScrL00t_gi-zC3AVFxFReYG8HYCtWkVHvt3WFjRHdfe7c56PcKwNsQgFyEZaJ8FWwE_vC8lDme93yHqqZ5hHQtOlENBXe0IhHc2C9kMlw/s1600/Hardress1855.jpg
    My Grandfather's Grandfather Hardress of Gloster, King's County and this descendant hope you have somewhere dry and warm to sit this winter. BobTheScientist

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the TYWK community, Merry Christmas and Health, Wealth and Happiness for 2023. The Slide Guy. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEiRNKXwgbEyRnZ5tNqd_Ap8h2mUU_Ppw1QqHA-QD--buhvAMSMw896VUZW5Pyccz5ULFa3GWlwPs4a-nPZPGxxDrWwX-4x8-p9icp-yownFuUmf2_twE-3ULRMF2wsJWoUT0ps72kLS8dwwMZXd_hw8_4BXjrxpy1aTBhvx4dtc-Rq_8AmJutARw2Ohdg=s1240

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting photo. In my childhood my parents also used to place received Christmas cards up as part of the holiday decorations. I wonder if your family reused old cards, or whether they had an immense number of friends and relatives.

      Delete
    2. As a child, fifty odd years ago, I do recall scores of cards - probably 100+, and strung up of lines on the living room walls. At the end of the Christmas, decoration down and most of the cards had the scissors applied to make a suitable gift tag for next year. Waste not, want not.

      Delete
    3. I scissor mine to make bookmarks I can write notes on. So I'm less than thrilled with the standard Shutterstock two-sided easy-peasy Christmas cards...

      Delete
  6. Oh, that slide isn't me, or my family. Just one of the "Found Slides" which I (still) blog daily. In this case http://theslideguy.blogspot.com/2021/12/the-santa-watchers.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holiday greetings to all. http://crazyravens.blogspot.com/2022/01/contemplating-crows.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgMW9XK8eERyTDlGtn6ExSZS2yLhAZ7WYTXNQ5sL3r2mISEn08yhkxEA93OcFlNXOMe1aGgnkNc7tftDkYTf7hMhPGs3AU4dAHZc-8HN2CSHh9MkrqLh1ozSTuRqi6sRk31FWr88bX7zAB3u2TLU7fQLFT-_DQzmKPbkUPo3puPpIw5uGgtnQ/s2250/feral%20kitten.jpg

    ~ Professor Batty @ https://flippistarchives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Health and Happiness in 2023! https://www.flickr.com/photos/dvconner/51628588554/in/dateposted-public/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judged the best Christmas present this year. Trust me there is funny story behind it but too long to tell. Best wishes for '23 https://www.flickr.com/photos/191521267@N04/52593962383/in/dateposted-public/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes to all for 2023 and beyond. -Tom
    https://tommyjournal.com/13jul19.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that 2023 gives you the chance to get out and do the things you wish to do.

    http://www.kegel.org/images/redmond/2022/sep30/P1034257.JPG

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...