WHEREAS THE FIRST AMENDMENT TO THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION PROVIDES THAT:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.BE IT RESOLVED THAT WE, THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in order to form a more perfect Union, by, for and of the People, shall elect and convene a NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY the week of July 4, 2012 in the City Of Philadelphia to prepare and ratify a PETITION FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES on behalf of the Ninety-Nine Percent of the People of the United States to be served upon the United States Congress, United States Supreme Court and President of the United States prior to November 6, 2012.
The above is the introduction to The 99% Declaration, which goes on to enumerate the grievances which will be presented to Congress:
- Elimination of the Corporate State.
- Overturning the “Citizens United” Case.
- Elimination of All Private Benefits to Public Servants.
- Term Limits.
- A Fair Tax Code.
- Health Care for All.
- Protection of the Planet.
- Debt Reduction.
- Jobs for All Americans.
- Student Loan Debt Refinancing.
- Ending Perpetual War for Profit.
- Emergency Reform of Public Education.
- End Outsourcing and Currency Manipulation.
- Banking and Securities Reform.
- Foreclosure Moratorium, Mortgage Refinancing and Principle Write Downs.
- Review and Reform of the Federal Reserve Banking System.
- Ending the Electoral College and Enactment of Uniform Federal Election Rules in All of the States.
- Ending the War in Afghanistan and Care of Veterans.
- No Censorship of the Internet.
- Reinstitution of Civil Rights Including the Repeal of the NDAA.
- Curtailing the Private Prison Industrial Complex.