04 May 2011

When should you visit a museum ?

I sometimes phone ahead to museum-type places to ask that very question (or, what's the least-busy time of day to visit a shop, store etc. where one needs a clerk's assistance).  A website entitled When Should I visit Tate Modern? presents some relevant (and not too surprising) information, and will apparently be expanding coverage to include other London sites such as the British Museum and the V&A.

The graphic at the site comes from data mined at Foursquare, rather than from the museum itself.  What puzzles me is why museums and entertainment sites don't publish such material on their own; it seems it would be to their advantage to let the public smooth out the curve.

1 comment:

  1. "it seems it would be to their advantage to let the public smooth out the curve."

    Possibly true, but not necessarily. Years ago, when I managed a retail store, I had part-time help available on the weekends which was not available during the week. In that case, I was glad more of my customers shopped on Saturday than Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...