11 January 2011

Impressive Labyrinth skills


I used to be quite good at this game when I was a child, but I never tried it with two balls, as this fellow does.

When I watched this video at 22 words, I started wondering what year it was that my family had the game.  There are so many "labyrinth-" named games now that a Google search was frustrating, but I finally found an answer after adding the word "original" to the search - "Introduced in 1947, the original labyrinth has challenged young and old for over half a century."

5 comments:

  1. I remember it well (yours, that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might. Still have those sets of lead soldiers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think ours was called Labyrinspel or something like that. When we got bored we used to use our feet. It has to be super clean I remember so the ball never gets stuck. Thanks for the video

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Stan, this brings back many memories, especially every turn, twist and hesitation of coursing through the field of holes! John brought back a Labyrinth from Sweden and he, Meridee and I had a Christmas competition. I am proud to this day that I blew the socks off those 2 as the tally marks on the box side attests. When I get it out next I WILL try 2 balls...quite amazing. My forty-five in a row with 1 ball pales to any one success with 2. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charles, I think mine was also called "Labyrinthspiel," so it must have been made in Deutschland. Thanks for the memory!

    Glenn, you're on for a competition next time I get to Oregon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...