04 December 2009

Tripeaks Reserve solitaire


If you are a sucker for online games, especially solitaire card games, and if you have any work to do, you need to skip this post NOW. Just scroll down and look at the jumping fish or the naked mole rat instead.

I was having a rather productive day until I paid my usual visit to The Presurfer and encountered the Tripeaks Reserve link. This game is a derivative of the old standby Tri Towers game and is scored in the same fashion with progressively increasing points for longer strings of cards, but in this version there are more cards face down, and there is no wild card option; rather, you are allowed to choose from the (face up) cards in your reserve pile.

It's harder than it appears. I suppose it would be easier to beat if I ignored the time bonus and instead kept a written log of which cards must be left face down (one deck is used), but that would take away some of the challenge.

The image above is a screencap; here is the game link. My best so far is 414,000. Your turn.

9 comments:

  1. All time high score! 930,662
    Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot! (and i am scowling)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shana - high game scores are a sign of a misspent youth. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes its hard to know what to spend your youth on - whats wrong with a little pleasure from knowing your better than everyone else at something useless? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I totally wasn't dissing you. I'm jealous.

    should have included a smiley -

    :.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 753.663! yay! 2nd highest score after Shana. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. And those are currently the top two all-time scores. I can't get over 400K, and I bow before the power of having two X chromosomes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you meant you can't get over 500K, something I've only been able to do twice. It seems to be a game of luck more than strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. finally made 481K, but I see Titam's 753K is still in top ten of all time scores.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...