03 March 2009

Clapton - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right


This song was written by Bob Dylan back in 1962 when I was in high school; since then it's been covered by... well, everyone (Cher, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Waylon Jennings, Flatt and Scruggs, Joan Baez, the Four Seasons...)

I prefer Eric Clapton's performance (here at Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert), because in addition to the incomparable guitar work, it evokes the blues rather than folk music as the inspiration for the song.

And it has those wonderful lyrics that probably everyone has felt at one time or another:

I ain't saying you treated me unkind
You could have done better, but I don't mind
You just kind of wasted my precious time
But don't think twice, it's all right.

1 comment:

  1. the man has more talent than he knows what to do with (Clapton)
    always was one of my fav guitarsits

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...