31 January 2009

Monster truck crushes rally promoter


I want to be careful how I handle this item, because I don't want to make light of a death, nor to cast aspersions on truck-related events. But the irony is so strong that it hurts.

Last week a 6-year-old child was killed in Tacoma, Washington when a piece of debris flew off a spinning monster truck and hit the child. This week a different rally was held in Madison, Wisconsin, where the promoter for this one, George Eisenhart, was interviewed by a local television station regarding the safety of his shows:
"This is our 16th year," Eisenhart told CNN affiliate WKOW. "I wish I had a big piece of wood to knock on right now, but we have not had an incident besides a gal slipping in the aisleway at another location."
Eisenhart was killed two days later when one of the monster trucks ran over him.

The CNN video above depicts how the incident happened, but stops a second before the fatal occurrence.

1 comment:

  1. He walked out in front of it? I expected to see an accident, that looked like suicide. Very strange, and sad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...