09 December 2008

"Quartermain" error in movie


Earlier this week I watched a DVD of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It's a marginally adequate movie that I don't recommend, but I wanted to blog the above screencap. The movie's central character is Allan Quatermain, a well-known fictional character. In an early scene Sean Connery, playing the lead character, looks toward a local cemetery and sees the grave marker of his son (in-law?) which is obviously labelled "Quartermain" with an "r" in the middle. I'm surprised this rather obvious flaw wasn't digitally repaired before the film was released.

The cross to the right of the "Quartermain" cross looks like a crude digital addition - I wonder why the misspelling of the main character's child's name wasn't corrected.

1 comment:

  1. When the trailer for this movie came out, I was very excited. I loved the concept and had enjoyed the graphic novel. Then I watched the movie and realized that I had already seen the few good parts in the trailer. What a waste of some great literary giants!

    As for Quartermain...lol. That's just plain funny.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...