12 December 2008

Homeless man and dog


Last year I got an email from Feeding Pets of the Homeless to use it on their website and newsletter, and I said sure. Then it was picked up by Paw Prints Magazine. Since then I've also had a request to use it in a deck of inspiration cards, a sociology textbook, and an online course. When it's a commercial publication, I've charged for it; otherwise I've let it be used for free. I haven't received my payments yet for the commercial items, but I intend to give a chunk of it to a local homelessness organization. Since I can't very well go to Toronto and find this guy and pay him, I should give it to someone who's trying to help people like him, at least.

The most interesting email I've received, however, has been from a woman who says this man is her son Noel Mathew Cowley who has been missing for almost two years. She's looking for any information about him, and wants to know if anyone has seen him since; she's posted her contact info in my Flickr comments so you can get in touch with her there.
(More info here, via Metafilter). Photo credit Kirsten Starcher.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to purchase this photo.
    I work at a humane society and a coworker has the magazine cover for Paw Prints The Magazine in her office and I've fallen in love with it.
    How can I recieve one of these from you?
    awillett@waysidewaifs.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot sell you a copy of this photo because I do not own it. You need to get in touch with the original photographer - Kirsten Starcher - cited in my text

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...