09 December 2008

Caroline Kennedy's tattoo


TYWKIWDBI doesn't do "celebrities," but polticians are fair game. Thus we were intrigued to see an enlarged image of the tattoo on the inside of Caroline Kennedy's right arm just above the elbow. Reportedly applied in the 1980s as a "butterfly" and subsequently partially obliterated, it now exhibits a curious appearance which I can't quite identify.

I've rotated the figure x3 and then embedded the composite for those who want to venture a suggestion as to what the tat's shape represents. "An animal" is too vague. It almost reminds me of ancient petroglyphs, or a pictograph from cuneiform writing. I'll have to ponder this...

5 comments:

  1. In the first picture it looks like a galloping horse...I'm a tattoo artist, and that's what it looks like to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! Regardless of what it actually is, it looks like a Space invader!

      Delete
  3. It's a rose for her grandmother

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...