04 November 2008

A macro image of milkweed fluff


This is the image I am currently using for wallpaper on my iMac monitor. It enlarges nicely to fullscreen size (click on it).

Milkweed fluff is notoriously difficult to photograph, because it sits atop a tall stem exposed to the wind (for obvious reasons), and the slightest air movement sets it in motion. These were not from our garden plants; I encountered them while hiking and didn't have a tripod with me, so I was lucky the air was still and my hands were steady, because the delicacy of the seed fluff is captured nicely.

Anyone is welcome to download or copy this photo for personal use; if you use it commercially, please give credit to TYWKIWDBI; otherwise just enjoy.

It's election eve, and the polls are closing soon; there are lots of last-minute political items I would like to blog, including about 50 Sarah Palin links that have built up in recent months. But I need to do some quick surfing and then spend some rare time in front of a television with my favorite libation. Make that a double. See you all tomorrow.

Addendum: Make that two doubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...