03 August 2008

Man shoots his lawn mower

A 56-year-old man from the Midwestern US state of Wisconsin has been arrested after shooting his lawn mower in his garden because it would not start. Keith Walendowski was charged by police in Milwaukee with disorderly conduct and possession of a sawn-off shotgun.

He could face a fine of up to $11,000 and a maximum prison sentence of six-and-a-half years if convicted. Police officers said Mr Walendowski had told them: "It's my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want."
I hope it's a jury trial and the jury is comprised of lawnmower owners, because this story reminds me of an old joke:
Man selling lawnmower: "It has an old sparkplug and is difficult to start. You'll be cussing a blue streak by the time you get it going."

Buyer: "No chance of that. I'm a Christian minister and for the past 30 years I've been a man of the cloth. It's been so long since I cursed that I don't even remember the words."

Seller: "You just keep pulling on that cord. The words will come back to ya."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...