01 March 2008

The "three-kick rule"

An attorney went duck hunting in rural Minnesota. He shot one which fell into a farmer's field. As he was retrieving it, an elderly farmer arrived and asked him what he was doing.

"I shot a duck and it fell over there, and now I'm going to get it." The farmer replied, "This is my property and you are not to enter it." The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Around here we settle disagreements like this with the "Three Kick Rule." The lawyer asked, "What is the Three Kick Rule?"

The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up, and then the other one gets the duck."

The attorney decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed.

With his first kick the farmer planted the toe of his steel-toed work boot into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick nearly caved in the attorney's chest. The lawyer was writhing in pain when the farmer's third kick broke his nose and knocked out a tooth.

The lawyer managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old fart, now it's my turn."

The farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...